Frequently Asked Questions

string art

Where can I get a city or state map?

The Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce, located at 516 S. Main St., has maps. Stop in and pick one up!

Where do I renew my vehicle license plates?

Go to the Brown County Treasuer's Office, 25 Market Street, (605) 626-7133.

Who do I call if I have a lost dog or cat?

Contact the City Pound at (605) 229-1126.

How do I register my child for public school?

Contact the Aberdeen school district's adminsitration office at (605) 725-7100.

How do I make changes to or get a new social security card?

You can do so at the Federal Building located at 115 4th Ave. SE Room 111.

How do I register to vote?

You can do so at the Brown County Auditor's Office, 25 Market Street or at the Driver's Exam Station, 2729 US Highway 12 West.

Where can I get an additional phone book?

Pick one up at the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce at 516 S. Main St.

Where do I find out about city services such as snow removal and street sweeping?

For city services, go to You can also sign up for text alerts!