We have compiled a variety of frequently asked questions. Contact 211 for any questions in a variety of categories we didn’t cover.
- How do I make changes to or get a new social security card?
You can do so at the Federal Building located at 115 4th Ave. SE Room 111, Aberdeen, SD.
- How do I register my child for public school?
Contact the Aberdeen school district’s adminsitration office at (605) 725-7100.
- How do I register to vote?
- Where can I get a city or state map?
The Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce, located at 516 S. Main St., Aberdeen, SD, has maps. Stop in and pick one up!
- Where can I get a phone book?
Call Thryv at 877-243-8339 to have one mailed directly to you.
- Where do I find out about city services such as snow removal and street sweeping?
For city services, go to www.aberdeen.sd.us. You can also sign up for text alerts!
- Where do I renew my vehicle license plates?
Go to the Brown County Treasuer’s Office, 25 Market Street, Aberdeen, SD, (605) 626-7133.
- Who do I call if I have a lost dog or cat?
Contact the City Pound at (605) 229-1126.